WHAT TO EXPECT
Here is what happens when you submit a manuscript to us for editing services.
- We review your completed manuscript, discuss your options for the level of editing it requires, and give you an estimate of the cost. This is free of charge.
- Once you agree on the level of editing, we edit 3,000 words (about ten pages) of the text (there will be a fee for this service, see here), and return the edit to you. If you decide to continue with us you will choose the services or package you would like. We also discuss the timeline in which we are able to complete the various stages of the project. This depends on your availability and our workload.
- At this point you sign a contract with URTEXT and 50% of the fee for the project is due.
- We compete the editing of manuscript and cover copy and return a hard copy to you.
- During our revision discussion you decide on incorporating editorial suggestions in the revision.
- We then revise the manuscript for you.
- After incorporating the revisions the text is proofed.
- At this point the rest of the payment is due. Upon receipt of payment a proofed hard copy and electronic file is sent to you.
If you have purchased a publishing package Step & above is followed by:
- You then discuss your formatting and cover design ideas with our designers.
- Based on the images you provide and your preferences, our cover designer prepares two sets of designs for you to choose from.
- The design and formatting is finalized.
- We complete the proofing.
- At this point the rest of the payment is due. Upon receipt of payment a hard copy and electronic file of the manuscript will be sent to you.
Our designer generates two designs incorporating your images and ideas. You work with her in choosing and finalizing the design.
- Softcover books are formatted as trade paperbacks that are a larger size than “supermarket” paperbacks and have better paper quality. We will determine the cut together based on your printer’s options. One hour of consultation with artist is included in the fee.
- Hardcover books have cloth binding, an embossed spine, and a full-color dust jacket. Additional text, such as author biography, can be incorporated into the side flaps. We will determine the cut together based on your printer’s options. There is an additional charge of $200 for hardback books.